A CELEBRATION OF A LIFE
GREYSEN [KELLY] JAMES MOORE
For information see our News page.
FRIDAY NIGHT DINNERS!
Join the Friday Night Dinner tonight! Check our Perceptions Facebook
page to know where the group is meeting this week!!
Perceptions is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community organization that offers education, advocacy, and networking for residents of the Great lakes Bay Region (Counties of Midland, Bay City, Saginaw, and Isabella) and surrounding areas. Perceptions strives to foster a positive image for the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender community and our allies. Our Board of Trustees and organizers are volunteers from the local community. All of our operating funds come from donations, sponsorships, grants, and fund-raisers.
Our mission is to provide inclusive education, advocacy, and networking for our diverse Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender individuals, allies and organizations in the community.
We respect the diversity of our community and we strive to create an inclusive organization where everyone can freely be themselves.
We provide services to all people regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, religion or any other factor protected by law.
- We strive to create an environment of mutual respect, free from harassment and unprofessional behavior.
- Sexual harassment is a particularly harmful form of inappropriate conduct. It can include unwelcome flirtations or sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, unsolicited physical contact, and offensive verbal, visual or physical conduct of a sexual nature. It can also include inappropriate pictures, posters, screen savers, videos or e-mail messages.
- Bullying and mobbing are unacceptable. This includes any aggressive, intimidating or violent behavior that may create a hostile environment.
- We seek to avoid conduct and statements that are degrading, offensive, humiliating or intimidating to others. Seemingly innocent actions can create an environment that may be offensive, and we should be alert to our own behavior and the effect it may have on others.
- We expect the same behavior of our volunteers, vendors, and sponsors.
What We Do
- We offer discussion groups, such as our Transgender Group, which address the special needs that are found within our LGBT comunity.
- We host speakers on topics of particular interest to the LGBT community in order to enrich and empower them.
- We organize and host social gatherings to provide opportunities for people to network, develop friendships and nurture suppoort of one another.
- We update our community on events and news that affects their lives.
- We advocate at a grass roots leve to influence officials with our public service campaigns, media exposure, educational programs and letter writing.
- Through our charitable work, we help eliminate negative sterotypes by offering opportunities to support our local community, which helps them, and builds strong allies.
- Through education, we strive to promote understanding and increase tolerance in society. We communicate, on a personal level, the struggles that LGBT individuals often face. By putting a human face on our issues, we make it more difficult to discriminate against us.
- We welcome and appreciate the hard work and talents of all those that offer their help. Volunteers are needed in a range of involvement from specific tasks to leading committees. Just
let us know your interests!
Sign Up for Perceptions E-Newsletter
We have migrated from YahooGroups to MailChimp. In order to comply with state and federal anti-spam regulations, we need you to manually sign up. MailChimp will then send you a confirmation message to validate your email address. You MUST confirm this message by responding to the email that you receive from Mail Chimp.
PLEASE SIGN UP TODAY....SO YOU DON'T MISS ANY PERCEPTIONS COMMUNICATIONS!!
Let all your friends and contacts know so they don’t miss out!